10 years and change after leaving our mother state, we are excited to announce that we are returning to Texas! We’re bringing our TX cat and our TX car, two Arizona babies, and a Californian with us – but we are coming as soon as we can.
Nate is being given the opportunity to perform his current job remotely from the SpaceX facility in McGregor (outside of Waco). His team has been having to do support on site for months now and he ‘offered’ to relocate to fill the need.
Our three-year-and-come-back plan for our Arizona jobs turned into a 9 year plan with a stint in California. We don’t regret the time we spent in either state and have wonderful friends to keep in touch with and great memories to look back on, but we are very happy to be locating to the same state as both of our parents and two sets of siblings. I joke that once we get back, I may never leave again! We are ready for more space and fewer people, grass and trees, the ability to drive the speed limit on the highway, and real Tex Mex food and BBQ. We’ve been missing having a yard and the kids are really interested in having a dog again. We also hope we might be able to make it to Aggieland to at least tailgate this fall (hint, hint, Aggie buddies).
When we moved to California, Nate really felt that we had a purpose in this move even though we never thought LA would have ever been in our plan. . . we can think of a few important things that have happened while we’ve been here:
1) Our miracle baby Joel was born and has thrived
2) Hannah was baptized
3) Nate got the job opportunity that is moving us to TX
4) Nate was able to be a part of some amazing spiritual growth in the youth of the church
5) Lots of friends and networking opportunities
6) I’m sure we’ll see more fruit from our time here as life goes on and we get our 20/20 hindsight!
We have also had some great confirmations that moving now is good for us. . .
– Nate heard from God, summarized and confirmed by John 15:7 and Psalms 37:4. Ask him about it sometime…
– My sister in law posted the image I have at the top of this post right about the time we learned about the chance for this move even though she herself doesn’t live in TX currently
– We had a friend tell us that he felt God would bless our move
– We both have access to some cash that became available to us just this month that was not available to us before! We anticipate needing this money for a down payment on our next place. We’re looking forward to back in the country!
~ The soon to be Texans again Moehrings!